In the past, all the developers working in companies around the world were involved in a debate about which framework is best for software development. The main competition was between, the three major ones: React, Vue and Angular. But which one is appropriate for your company? Do all types of developers get an equal amount of benefits from these frameworks? The purpose of this blog is to clear your mind and help you to arrive at a decision, about which framework to go for. It doesn’t matter if you are doing development work in-house or are planning to hire web developers, there is a framework for you.
Frameworks: An Introduction
If you understand the world of web development it is absolutely compulsory that you have heard about the terms ‘back-end’ and ‘front-end’. Just in case, you have not, Front-end refers to all the components that are visible to the user, whenever he decides to open a particular website. The back-end, as the name suggests, refers to everything that goes own in the background, like functionality and business logic of the website.
With the evolution of the internet over the years, processes and complexities involved in the process of creating a website has evolved as well and still continues to grow. The need to simplify the process of development is currently at an all-time high, which is companies and individuals are continuously trying their best to develop frameworks, libraries and tools which will fulfil their purpose.
These frameworks are a part of technology, which simplest the work for developers. It lets them skim through the hassle of the development process. The most significant advantage is the fact that they help them drastically cut down on development time.
Now it is time to go into the history of these three popular frameworks, which will give you a vivid idea about the origin of these three frameworks.
Origin of React, Vue and Angular
This portion will focus on talking about the origin of these three frameworks, which have immensely impacted development processes over the years. These frameworks are the three most-used ones by developers in the year 2020.
- React: The most important feature of this framework is the fact that it is open-source. It was built in the year 2013, by Facebook, and by today is being used by the biggest brands in the world, which include, Microsoft, Slack, Twitter, Whatsapp and Airbnb.
- Vue: The first thing to note is that it is relatively new in comparison to the other two frameworks, but has gained immense popularity in a very short period of time. Investing money in VueJS development has become a very common practice for companies nowadays. It was created in the year 2014, by an ex-Google employee named Evan You. It is presently used by companies like Alibaba, Gitlab and 9Gag.
After being informed about the origin of the three most popular frameworks, it is time for you to know about the advantages and drawbacks of all three frameworks. Knowing about their pros and cons will help you to differentiate between the three and arrive at the decision of which one to choose for the developmental operations of your company.
Top Three Frameworks: Benefits and Drawbacks
The actual decision of finalizing a particular framework for your company depends on which one is most appropriate for you. There does not exist a perfect framework, all three have their specific list of pros and cons. Following are few of those.
- React comes with an extremely fast functionality. This is possible because of rendering optimizations as well as Virtual DOM implementation.
- React also comes with PWA or Progressive Web App support, in addition to its in-built template generator.
- This framework is a very un-opinionated piece of technology, which means that developers will have to choose the design by themselves.
- It can sometimes seem very difficult to keep up with the latest documentation because React is updating continuously.
- React makes use of JSX and even though it comes with its own set of advantages, it can potentially be difficult to learn for beginners.
- Angular is backed up by Google, which perhaps one of the most beneficial aspects of this framework. This obviously means that it has the support of a reliable organization and thus, it comes with a huge community and detailed documentation.
- It comes with facilities like external tooling and type-checking because it makes use of TypeScript.
- Angular helps up developers to drastically speed up their development, as Angular-language-service comes with features like autocomplete inside HTML template files.
- The rendering performance can prove to be slow for certain developers as it makes use of the real DOM. This issue can be effectively addressed and solved by making use of ChangeDetectionStrategy. This helps developers to control the rendering process manually.
- Angular is definitely the hardest to learn for a beginner in comparison to React and Vue. This is because it is crowded a huge variety of structures like Pipes, Modules, Injectables, Components and so on. Vue and React on the other hand, only focus on the component.
- Apart from advantageous in building single-page applications, Vue is also useful for creating complex website interfaces. This is possible because of its simple integration capabilities, which gives it the freedom to blend into any infrastructure, without impacting the system negatively.
- Vue is a smaller framework than React and Angular, which is why it has optimal flexibility, which results in a better performance. In addition to that, it is also faster than Angular, as it takes advantage of a virtual DOM.
- Vue, as it is already known, is a relatively new framework in the market. This points towards some obvious drawbacks like it has a fewer number of resources. This also means knowledge sharing is strictly limited.
The above blog tries its best to give you an overall idea about whether you should spend money on React development services, Hire Angular developers or try to develop software using Vue. These three front-end technologies are definitely characterised with its own unique set of pros and cons. It is now time for you to think which advantages can really take your business forward or which drawback can really hinder your growth. All in all, your decision depends on which framework is best suited to the requirements of your business.